If you think that the best laptops for writing notes and essays could be any laptop on the market, you are sadly wrong. Writers like photographers, video editors, and designers have specific needs for laptops, even if it seems to outsiders that they only need Word Processing Software and a functional keyboard.
As for writing notes or essays, you have specific needs that you want to address on the notebook you choose. First, you don’t just need a functional keyboard. You need a good tactile bounce and a very sensitive, comfortable keyboard to use. In fact, if you want to type all day without tiring, you’ll need one of the best keyboards on a laptop.
This also applies to screens. You’ll need a large screen that lets you see things when you’re outside and doesn’t strain your eyes even when you’re indoors. Plus, the best laptops for writers are ideally stylish and compact because you never know when inspiration will strike. It can be on your sofa in the comfort of your own home or in a park outside the city.
And finally, when inspiration strikes, you never know how many hours you’ll spend typing, having a laptop with a long battery life also helps.
With these considerations in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the best notebooks for writers in 2021. That way, you won’t have to rummage through the computer market and rank 39th out of hundreds; Options.
List of Best Laptops for Writing Notes and Essays
Take a look at our list and check out the best laptops for writing notes and essays. Who knows, you can get one of these products for a great price.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
About this item
- Free upgrade to Windows 11* when available (see below)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4680U Processor
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home , Microsoft 365 Family 30-day trial | In the box: Surface Laptop 4, Power Supply, Quick Start Guide, Safety and warranty documents
- Display: 13.5 inch 2256 x 1504 PixelSense display | Touchscreen enabled | Surface Pen enabled
- Memory & Storage: 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM | Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics
- Design and battery: Touchscreen | Thin and light design | Laptop weight: 1.26 Kg | Average battery life = 19 hrs
HP Spectre x360
About this item
- Processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 (up to 4.2 GHz Max Boost Clock, 8MB Intel Smart Cache, 4 core, 8 threads)
- Memory & Storage: 16 GB LPDDR4x-3733 MHz RAM | Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD
- Display: 34.3 cm (13.5″) diagonal, WUXGA (1920 x 1200), multitouch-enabled, IPS, edge-to-edge glass, micro-edge, anti-reflection Corning Gorilla Glass NBT, 400 nits, 100% sRGB
- Graphics & Networking: Intel Iris Xe Graphics | Realtek Wi-Fi 6 (2×2) and Bluetooth 5.2 combo (Supporting Gigabit data rate), MU-MIMO supported, Miracast Compatible
- Operating System & Software: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity | Pre-installed Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 | Alexa Built-in
- See More, Scroll Less: See more with an uncompromising 3:2 screen aspect ratio, ideal for online browsing, videos, photos, and productivity apps, and enhance your productivity with less scrolling
- Adaptive Color: Experience accurate and true-to-life colors on the HP Spectre x360. It automatically adjusts the display color and brightness according to your environment (day or night) for ultimate eye comfort.
Asus Chromebook Flip
About this item
- The rugged and flexible 360 degree high strength zinc alloy hinge and 11.6-inches hd+ touchscreen lets you use the c213 in tablet stand or laptop mode and has 2 cameras for endless possibilities
- Rugged and lightweight mil-std-810g construction protects the c213 from drops and accidents as well as spills with a liquid resistant keyboard design
- Unlock the power of chromebooks with access to your favourite chrome web store apps like google docs and it is google play store/android app ready
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 12 hours
- Intel dual-core apollo lake n3350 processor, with 32gb storage and 4gb ddr4 ram for fast and efficient performance both online and offline
Dell XPS 9500 15.6″ Laptop
About this item
- Processor:10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor (12MB Cache, up to 5GHz,6 cores)
- Memory & Storage: :16 GB DDR4 at 2933 MHz (2 x 8 GB), dual channel | 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6
- Display: 15.6” UHD (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflecitve 500-Nit Display I Eyesafe technology
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home Plus Single Language & Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019
- Design :CNC machined aluminum in platinum silver with carbon fiber composite palm rest in black | Laptop weight 1.83Kg | 18 mm thin
- Keyboard & Battery: Backlit chiclet keyboard | 6-Cell Lithium Ion Battery | 6 cell 86 Whr | 21 hrs battery life
Acer Swift 3 Thin & Light Laptop
About this item
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Octa-Core Processor with Radeon Graphics run your most demanding apps with lightning-fast responsiveness and hyper-efficient battery usage to keep you productive and entertained all day
- Very Visual: Immerse yourself in consistently rich and bright visuals on the 14″ Full HD widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB display with 85.73% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Internal Specifications: 8GB LPDDR4X on-board memory; 512GB NVMe solid-state drive storage to store your files and media
- Windows Hello with Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Connections: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 5.2
- Acer’s Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
When it comes to the best notebooks for copywriters, there is a whole range of devices to suit all budgets. To cope with the wide variety of study needs, the best student laptops are not only very durable, but also packed with power and storage.
The idea is to find a device that is future-proof for at least the next three years, and requires little maintenance while you use it. Another important consideration is battery life . The best notebooks for writers should have an acceptable battery life that allows you to work without worry about a long time wherever you are.
The truth is that writers have a great advantage, since they do not need a particularly powerful team, with word processors and browsers being the main work tools.
To the above, we can also add the fact that the files we work with are not heavy, so the capacity of the hard disk is usually not a problem . Although it is clear that it is appreciated that it has enough space to be able to save all kinds of files.
That is why we can also find very good Chromebooks for writers , since they replace mass storage with super speed. Something that we have taken into account in this list of the best notebooks for writers.
We cannot forget that the keyboard is one of the most important aspects that we must take into account, since there is no doubt that we will end up giving it great use. So, if you want to know which are the best laptops for copywriters, then we are going to present you a list that we have meticulously put together.
We are in 2021 and writers no longer use pencil and paper to write their thoughts. A laptop is now your notepad. The best laptops for writers give them so much more in terms of freedom and the ability to make corrections and to go back and forth effortlessly and so on. If you are interested in any form of writing and are currently looking for a good laptop, you have come to the right place. Here are some tips that you would like to consider when purchasing your laptop.
- Laptop Size: If you’re usually glued to your seat while typing and don’t pull the laptop out, a larger 15.6-inch laptop would be ideal. If you do indeed travel a lot with your laptop, then the size could be a bit smaller, say 14 inches. You can always increase the font size to suit your vision.
- Weight: Once you decide on the size, the weight will change accordingly. You should expect 3-5 pounds as the weight of the laptop.
- Processor: A regular Intel Core i7 processor or even the latest generation Core i5 will do for a writer’s laptop. Choose the one that you think you will be comfortable wearing. This may even depend on the laptop you are currently using. There is no point in choosing a less powerful processor than the one you are used to.
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM should give you the comfort level of quickly switching between pages and to other tasks. Less than 8 GB of RAM could be a compromise. Make your choice.
- Color: Since you are involved in creative work, look for attractive colors among the writers’ laptops lined up for you. Try to avoid the back and silver options if possible.
- Battery: You would definitely need a long-lasting battery when you’re out and about with your laptop. The latest models have up to 8 hours of battery life. Please check the details before ordering.
- Storage: You will have a higher storage requirement as all your work needs to be saved for future reference. Printing and keeping a hard copy is a breeze. You should be comfortable with around 1 TB of onboard storage.
- Backlit keyboard: A backlit keyboard is quite useful for use in dark environments. After choosing your laptop model for typing work, you can ask the seller to ship the machine with the backlit keyboard. It may cost a bit more.
What About Laptop Software For Writers?
The laptop is usually shipped with the Windows Home operating system. Some brands add a trial version of MS Office that will be valid for one month. No other software is included. There have been some sporadic complaints from some laptop manufacturers that they have added a lot of bloatware. You must be careful with this. Any other special software that you need for your writing work, you need to download and install.
Can I Connect Any External Device To The Writer’s Laptop?
You should be able to connect devices based on the type of connectivity ports available on the writer laptop you have purchased or are going to purchase. There are also USB ports and an HDMI port. See the specs. There is no fixed standard for connectivity. Each laptop manufacturer follows a different style.
Can The Writer’s Laptop Be Used For Other Purposes, Such As Games?
The writer’s laptop is just another device for many activities, including games. However, not all games can be played on the laptop due to hardware restrictions. Some keyboard problems can also arise. Any light game that can be played with the mouse can be played on these laptops.
Is There An International Warranty Available On Notebooks For Writers?
You may be concerned about the international warranty as you travel a lot and if the laptop were to have a problem abroad it could pose a challenge. Check with the seller and laptop manufacturer to see if an international warranty can be included on your case. Many companies have this option.
Can The Laptop Be Used To Make Presentations On Large Screens?
Yes, most presentations can be made with the laptop. The laptop needs to be connected to the LCD projector via HDMI cable and the laptop screen is mirrored on the big screen. You can use the mouse to keep turning the pages of your presentation or play a video.