We understand that the best laptops for elementary students should allow: writing in Word, making spreadsheets in Excel, browsing and searching the internet, watching videos of online classes. And of course watching that movie and series over the weekend!
In addition, we assume that the laptop to study should be as cheap as possible, given that the student is just starting his professional path.
Thus, except exceptions with different characteristics, the laptops we have listed are among those with the best cost-benefit ratio in the market.
If you are going to take a degree in architecture, engineering, design, photography or will involve software or application programming, it probably makes more sense for you to already choose a notebook that supports the engineering or architectural software , which you are likely to use.
Note that the options at the top of the list are those with the best performance and / or specialized features and possibly the ones that cost the most.
The Best Laptops for Elementary Students in 2021
Below are the list of top laptops for elementary students which are high in performance.
Acer Chromebook Spin 311
About this item
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS – An operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Get access to more than 2 million Android apps from Google Play to learn and do more.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- Acer CP311-2H-C679 convertible Chromebook comes with 11.6” HD Touch IPS Display, Intel Celeron N4020, 4GB LPDDR4 Memory, 32GB eMMC, Google Chrome and up to 10-hours battery life.
Reference link: acer.com
Microsoft Surface Go
About this item
- High res 10 inch PixelSense: Display designed to be viewed, touched, and written on
- Lightest surface yet, starting at 1.15 pounds. Touch: 10 point multi touch
- All day battery life, with upto 9 hours of unplugged power. Ambient light sensor
- Runs Windows 10 Home in S Mode, streamlined for security and superior performance
- Includes multi tasking USB C, fast charging surface connect, and headphone jack. Use it in Laptop, Tablet or Studio Mode
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i
About this item
- Combine performance, creativity, and entertainment! This 2-in-1 laptop has a 14-inch touchscreen, Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD, and integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics
- A narrow bezel on 4 sides gives you more viewing area and less clutter to interfere with the task at hand. Get the most out of your FHD screen with IPS panel technology and 1920 x 1080 resolution
- With digital pen support (pen sold separately), the IdeaPad Flex 5i lets you capture moments of inspiration or take notes on the fly
- From zero to 360° in a flash – this touchscreen laptop is designed for you to keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime with the ability to use it in multi-mode capacity. Use ‘Laptop’ mode for everyday computing, ‘Tent’ mode for sharing, ‘Stand’ mode for binge-watching, or ‘Tablet’ mode for intuitive interaction
- A physical shutter on the webcam ensures you keep out unwanted attention when you are concerned about your privacy
Apple MacBook Air
About this item
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- Up to eight GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5
About this item
- Work from home, school, or anywhere with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment enabled by 10th generation InteI Core processors. The Lenovo Flex 5 offers intelligent performance features that adapt to you for a personalized, intuitive, and responsive experience
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also use the Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to quickly write, click or drag files right on the screen
- The 13-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible Chromebook offers beautiful visuals, while narrow bezels minimize distractions. Two user-facing stereo speakers keep you immersed in the experience
- Use your Google account to easily access files, videos, music, and documents stored on the cloud from anywhere. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you’ll stay productive
- Connect with the built-in webcam, 2 USB Type-C ports, a USB Type-A port, and an audio jack. It also has the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 a fast, reliable connection
These days, having one of the best laptops for elementary students is worth considering. The most gifted devices to children are usually cheap, sturdy tablets, but your children will eventually outgrow their capabilities, requiring something a little more conventional. Whether it’s for school or to play, you’ll need to find a kid-friendly laptop.
And the fact is that today’s children are not the same as they used to be. Today, technology is a necessity. What that means is that more children are required to have a laptop.
Most parents do not want children to have the same laptop that adults would have because their requirements should be much lower.
However, there are many features and options available to the youngest on the market, which could make it difficult to find the most suitable laptop.
Choosing the best laptop for elementary students is not an easy task. If you have a hard time finding the right one, then you are in the right place.
Here we have compiled the best laptops for children on the current market. You will find precisely what you need for any child.
For a little one to do their homework, it is best to have a laptop that allows them to do them in a simple way.
In addition, they can have fun playing with them, so today we are going to talk about the best laptops for children, so that they can take them to school or study at home.
However, in the market, you will find a wide variety of these devices, so selecting an option that suits your needs is not as simple as it may seem .
For this reason, we have prepared this post for you with the best models that you can find on the market. All have been carefully selected so that you have a perfect option for all occasions.
If you are interested in buying a laptop that is perfect for the little one in the house , without having to spend a lot of money, we invite you to continue reading this post carefully.
How to choose the right student’s laptop
Looking for an elementary students’ laptop? Investing in your elementary students by getting the best kid’s laptop isn’t just a great idea.
In some cases, it is a necessity when studying, especially if you have children at home whose school work requires a few hours to enter the computer.
However, before you go shopping for the best laptop for elementary students , you may want to consider a few factors first.
On the one hand, a children’s laptop will generally take the form of a cheap and sturdy tablet … that is, if they are to be used by young and school-age children, a tablet is even better than a laptop.
If your child is in high school, you may want to buy a suitable laptop, especially when it is for school projects and homework.
There are different considerations that you need to take into account when purchasing a kid’s laptop. Children are not as careful as adults, so they will have some special needs.
Choosing the best laptop for elementary students will start with the operating system. You should choose a system that has the operating system that suits the applications they need.
Most elementary students agree to a Chrome operating system as it allows them to work on school work and surf the web. Also, you can run most of the social media apps without any hassle.
Children are not going to take care of a laptop like an adult would. You want to make sure that the laptop you choose is strong and will withstand the occasional drop.
Also, having a chassis that can withstand spills or sticking is also a good idea when it comes to choosing a kid’s laptop.
The memory of your child’s laptop will determine what they can do with it. Many children’s laptops have 2GB of RAM. That’s usually enough memory for surfing the web, using social media, watching videos, and doing homework.
However, if your child wants to play Minecraft or any other game, that amount of memory will be slow and will have glitches.
Easy to clean
You don’t know how or where clutter comes from, but elementary students are notorious for doing it. When looking for a kid’s laptop, you need one that is easy to clean.
There will be sticky fingers, smudges, and spills, no matter your best efforts. You need a system that stands up to constant cleaning and a screen to handle cleaning without losing capabilities.
Depending on what your kid is doing with the laptop, you may want one that has decent graphics. Games need good graphics, so applications like TEAMS run efficiently.
If you’re only going to surf the web or use it for non-intensive graphics games, then a regular graphics card will work fine, but for more intricate details, a gaming CPU is ideal.
Is a laptop or a desktop computer better?
This is a very common question you ask yourself as a parent , but the answer is really simple. You should always make sure to choose a laptop over a desktop if it is for the little ones to study.
In any case, you must make sure that you will choose a computer that meets all the specifications you need and that this way you can have the classes online in a comfortable way.
In any case, desktop computers do not offer the possibility of taking them everywhere, and information will have to be transferred constantly.
For this reason, a laptop will always be more useful , especially since all the data will always be there, and will not have to be passed from one place to another.
This will save a lot of time, and the little one can have a much more intuitive tool to study.