The list of the best Business & Personal laptops can help you find your next Business & Personal use laptop.
The best Business & Personal laptops on this page combine the latest hardware with productivity features while offering elegant designs and long battery life.
The best Business & Personal laptops keep you productive without stopping the need for long battery life. No matter how powerful the laptop is, if the battery dies after a few minutes, it’s not as good as a Business & Personal device.
You don’t want to be in the middle of a meeting and interrupt because of your laptop or charge your computer.
All-day battery life provides mobility and productivity functions essential for the modern workplace. In compiling this list of the best Business & Personal laptops.
We have considered a number of key factors including power, battery life, feature set and value for money. This means that we’ve selected a wide selection of laptops, most (if not all) of them to suit budgets and hopefully all tastes; Here is a mix of cutting-edge products and vintage products.
Almost all come with the professional version of Windows 10 to enhance Business & Personal credentials.
Working on the move: Business & Personal laptops must be able to do this!
Anyone who uses their notebook for more than surfing the Internet or taking notes at university should consider a few things.
It’s not just about better performance, a larger battery or a robust design, but above all about data security.
Internal company data in particular should be preserved as best as possible. A normal consumer laptop is quickly no longer sufficient and a Business & Personal laptop has to be purchased.
What must a Business & Personal notebook be able to do in detail? We have summarized a few important aspects here.
Lifespan for a Business & Personal laptop
Business & Personal notebooks have to perform their service much longer.
Replacing the laptop every year drives up costs and steals a lot of time. Look for a new laptop, dispose of the old one, back up important data externally and then the new laptop has to be set up again. Time that can be saved.
Therefore, a Business & Personal laptop should have a long lifespan.
You should not only pay attention to the battery, but also to the material of the housing.
Plastic should be avoided and instead aluminum or magnesium should be used in order to ensure the greatest possible robustness.
With regard to the service life, it is also worth looking at the warranty duration and conditions. This should last at least 3 years and cover fast support in the event of technical problems.
A Business & Personal laptop should also be easy to repair so that Business & Personal work can be resumed as quickly as possible after a defect.
The right connections are important
In addition to the standard connections such as USB 3.0 and HDMI, there is also the option of so-called Thunderbolt connections on Business & Personal laptops.
These offer a transfer rate of up to 20 GB per second. Furthermore, every laptop used for Business & Personal should have a smart card connection.
Smart cards prevent unauthorized persons from working independently on the laptop.
Other important functions
A good WLAN function should not be forgotten under any circumstances, pay attention to the better 802.11ac Wi-Fi adapter instead of the cheaper and more widely used 802.11n adapter.
For people who have to work a lot with 3D programs, it should be noted that the graphics processor is designed for this.
Otherwise it will take too long or certain programs will not start at all and work on the computer will be hindered.
For sole proprietorships rather unimportant, but for large companies with several hundred employees, the function of remote access to the laptops is definitely an important aspect that must be considered.
In this way, the work of the employees can be controlled and software damage can be remedied without physical access.
Another security function is the provision such as an integrated fingerprint scanner or certain encryption tools, which barely allow strangers to read important data.
A laptop for Business & Personal purposes must therefore have a certain performance and a long lifespan, also certain connections for fast data transfer, as well as certain security features to protect the data as best as possible.
Large display laptops for the Business & Personal Use
Notebooks are available in handy 11-inch versions, compact 13 to 14-inch versions, practical 15.6-inch formats and as large 17-inch models.
If you want to work properly in the home office, you should choose one of the two larger notebook variants.
This is the only way to protect your eyes in the long run and have enough work space to show two applications in parallel on the display.
If you still want to choose a smaller format, you should definitely plan to buy a separate screen: Ordinary 24-inch displays are available for a little more than 100 euros, as the monitor test by COMPUTER BILD shows.
You can get it for more money
A lot of patience is often required for complex photo and video editing with cheap notebooks.
So that it doesn’t get stuck, the device should have a lot of steam – especially if other programs and websites are open in addition to Photoshop Elements .
What hardware can notebook buyers expect in the price range above 300 euros?
Around 600$: At least a Core i3 processor should serve as the drive, better a Core i5 CPU with 8 GB of RAM. An SSD with around 250 GB of storage should also be included – preferably in M.2 format with a fast PCI Express connection.
Around 800$: A Core i5 processor or a Ryzen 5 CPU is mandatory in this price range. The main memory should be 8 GB, the M.2 SSD 500 GB capacity and have a PCI Express connection.
Up to 1,000$: The M.2 SSD in 1,000 euros notebooks should now provide 500 to 1,000 GB of storage, but also a hard drive with 1,000 GB of storage. Buyers can expect a separate graphics chip with which simple games can be played – as in the case of the Acer Swift 3 or MSI Prestige PS42 .
Thinner is lighter
They used to be called “tow tops” – but most modern notebooks are no longer big chunks. Slightly smaller devices with 13- and 14-inch screens usually weigh less than 1.5 kilograms these days.
The larger 15-inch models rarely weigh significantly more than 2 kilos. Many gaming notebooks are really heavy, because their particularly powerful chips (processor and graphics chip) require very complex and therefore heavy cooling.
But it is also much easier. Ultrabooks like the Asus Zenbook S , which weighs just over 1 kilo, show that. The article ” 33 laptops well under 1,500 grams in the test ” provides more on the subject of weight .
Big differences in tempo
Most current notebooks are fast enough for typical office tasks such as writing texts or calculating in tables,
but if you often want to work with several programs at the same time or edit complex videos, it is better to use a laptop with power.
The fastest notebooks in the test come with powerful processors with four or more cores, for example from the Comet Lake , Ice Lake , Tiger Lake or the Ryzen 4000 series. In addition, there are usually extra graphics chips in there.
Best Laptop For Business and Personal Use in 2021
They ensure a smooth display of complex games – notebooks with graphics in the processor are almost always too slow.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
About this item
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer. Wireless : Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible. Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 technology
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds.Aspect ratio: 3:2
- All-day battery life upto 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
New Apple MacBook Pro
About this item
- Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Six-speaker system with force-cancelling woofers
ASUS ExpertBook B9
About this item
- Professional-grade performance: Intel Core i7-10510U Processor with 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, and Windows 10 Pro
- Extreme military-grade durability: Panel pressure, shock, and drop tested to ensure resilience, with a 180-degree hinge and I/O ports (1x USB 3.2 Type-A (Gen 2), 2x Thunderbolt 3, Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.0, HDMI, micro HDMI to RJ45 Cable, and microSD card reader)
- Lasts longer and charges faster: Up to 24 hours of battery life on a single charge and recharges up to 60% capacity in 45 minutes
- Unrivaled visuals and security: 14-inch Full HD anti-glare NanoEdge display with built-in protection of a webcam privacy shield, IR camera, Kensington lock, TPM, and fingerprint sensor
- Lightweight and portable: 2.2-pound lightweight magnesium lithium alloy chassis and ultrathin 0.6-inch design
- Great for Work Anywhere: Spill-resistant keyboard, backlit keyboard, Harman Kardon speakers, ASUS NumberPad, and the ability to tune out background noise with ASUS noise-canceling technology
ASUS Chromebook Flip
About this item
- Plus Chromebooks offer fast performance, smooth video calls and ample storage.
- The 14 inch Full HD Touchscreen NanoEdge display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMM4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)C storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- The lightweight (3 lbs) all-aluminum metal body makes the C434 both durable and beautiful for a timeless look that will never go out of style
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS – an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
HP ZBook 15u G5
About this item
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8350
- Processor Base Frequency 1.70 GHz – Max Turbo Frequency 3.60 GHz.
- 8GB Memory; 256GB SSD
- AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100; Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 IPS LED;15.6″ Laptop
Dell XPS 15 7590
About this item
- DELL XPS 15 7590 2019 Edition Latest Model – Dell Factory Certified Refurbished
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (6-Core, 12M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 32GB Memory + 1TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD + Killer WiFi 6 AX1650 + 97Whr 6 Cell Battery
- 15.6 Inch 4K OLED (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Non Touch IPS 100% AdobeRGB 400 Nit Display
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit + Internal Backlit Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader