A Laptop is the main tool of graphic designers. It is very common that finding the most suitable one is a somewhat difficult task. However, it is not something you should worry too much about.
You may be just starting out as a designer, or have years of experience working on this job.No matter your level or how long you have been designing, it is always possible to find a team that is appropriate.
In the world of graphic arts, not just any laptop will do. It is essential to choose a laptop for graphic design that can fulfill the functions that a professional designer requires.
Any laptop used for this purpose must be powerful enough to use design programs . Also, it must perform its functions quickly and smoothly.
There are many options for graphic design laptops on the market. However, it is important to find the one that best suits your professional needs.
Best HP Laptops for Graphic Design In 2021
Go ahead and find the best hp laptops for graphic design among the candidates that we present to you. We guarantee the best options of the moment that will surely impress you.
HP Envy x2
About this item
- PROCESSOR: Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 835 Mobile PC Platform, 8 Core, 2.2GHz up to 2.6GHz.
- DISPLAY: 12.3-inch diagonal WUXGA+ IPS BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass with Corning Gorilla Glass (1920 x 1280).
- MEMORY: 4 GB LPDDR4x-3733 SDRAM (not upgradable); Storage: 128 GB Universal Flash Storage.
- BUILT-IN 4G LTE: Wherever you go, LTE provides a steady, reliable connection that’s up to 7x faster than Wi-Fi, thanks to the integrated Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 modem.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 in S mode, Windows 10 S exclusively uses Microsoft-verified apps from the Windows Store to keep you running fast and secure day in and day out. Enjoy the Windows you know, Microsoft-verified apps delivered via the Windows Store, and the convenience of the cloud.
HP – Spectre x360 2-in-1
About this item
- Stunning style from any angle: Amazingly thin and light in a visually stunning metal body, this convertible PC is a masterful blend of design and performance.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7500U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.7 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Impressive performance. All day portability. Enjoy lightning-fast performance throughout the day on this premium x360 with a longer lasting battery life for your non-compromising schedule.
- 13.3″ diagonal FHD IPS Radiance Infinity LED-backlit touch screen (1920 x 1080) Display, Up to 12 hours battery life, Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- 256 GB M.2 SSD storage, 8 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM, 802.11ac (2×2) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo wireless, Intel HD Graphics 520, 2 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2(Thunderbolt); 1USB 3.1 Gen 1 1 headphone/microphone combo
HP EliteBook x360
About this item
- Intel Core i5-8350U Quad-Core Processor 1.70GHz
- 16GB RAM | 256GB PCIe NVMe TLC SSD
- Intel UHD 620 Graphics (Integrated)
- 13.3-inch FHD LED UWVA Anti-Glare Privacy Touchscreen Display
- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
HP ZBook Studio G7 15.6″ Mobile Workstation
About this item
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core i7
- Processor Generation: 10th Gen
- Processor Model: i7-10750H
- Processor Core: Hexa-core (6 Core)
What Laptop For Graphic Design To Buy?
These are the factors to consider before knowing which laptop I can buy for graphic design.
If you are looking for a laptop to work in the graphic design realm, it is clear that you will need to consider several factors .
It is important to highlight how demanding it is to design on a laptop that does not have the minimum specifications. They must meet certain requirements in order to maintain optimal performance when using design programs.
To find the ideal laptop, you first have to evaluate its specifications. The processor , the graphics card and the RAM are very important aspects in terms of performance. Also, they will allow other tasks to be carried out in the background and increase the visual quality.
The platform or operating system is also an interesting aspect that depends a lot on the user’s preferences. Each system has its pros and cons, finding the most suitable is a matter of which one performs its functions to suit the user.
Storage is generally high on high-performance laptops. However, even space is important in these teams. There are many options for sale that have a variety of memory space options.
Finally, the screen and the functions that it may have, such as a touchscreen. They also depend on the preferences of the user in question, but it is important to find options that offer efficient tools.
In the following points, you will find a description and guide about the most important factors in laptops. The information found in the titles below, especially focus on laptops for graphic design.
RAM memory is one of the most important aspects within the potential of the equipment in question. In Spanish it is translated as “Speed Reading and Writing Memory” . The greatest work of the RAM memory is the record of the tasks that the computer must execute.
Its function is to be able to receive instructions that include processes to be executed. Depending on RAM, these will run fast or slower.
Within the realm of design, RAM plays an extremely important role in performance . The laptop in question needs a quick storage of to-dos. Especially when many of these are complex.
Simply put, RAM is the processor’s main helper, its data storage medium . If you want to see which processor is better, we leave you this link
Due to everything mentioned in this point, it is that the laptops for graphic design, have a high RAM memory. Possibly, without adequate RAM, performance could be less than necessary.
The minimum in RAM for graphic design laptops is 8 GB, up to 16 GB which is really good.
The processor is undoubtedly the control panel of the laptop. It is part of many processes that all computers perform, including:
- The speed, performance and memory of notebook
- The compatibility of the same processor with other components of the computer.
- Safety and correct operation of the rest of the components.
- Now that you know the component that generates the most power in your computer, you may want to find one with a powerful processor. In graphic design, it is always advisable to find powerful processors, capable of executing complex programs quickly.
- Generally looking for Intel brand processors. Of course, this is to the taste and preference of the user in question. However, you may have noticed that the vast majority of processors include an Intel processor.
- It does not matter the brand of processor, as long as they are powerful enough to execute the processes properly. Therefore, it is always advisable to look at the components of a computer before purchasing it, to evaluate if it meets what is needed.
The graphics card is a component responsible for interpreting the data obtained from the computer, to display it on the monitor. That is, it is responsible for allowing users to view images and videos through the screen. If you are looking for a computer to play, we leave you this article where you will find the best quality-price gaming laptop and if you want them more economical, look at the guide to the best cheap gaming laptops to save money.
Within the world of digital graphic design, the graphics card is extremely important. Especially for those functions related to images and 3D visualization.
The quality of the images you see on the internet depends entirely on the graphics card. Therefore, it is an important factor that must be considered in the laptops that you will use to work as a graphic designer.
In other respects, the graphics card is renowned for visually improving the quality of images. In video games, for example, it is very necessary. Similarly, when designing, a graphics card is required that can display high-quality images.
There are a wide variety of brands and prestige of graphics cards. In the case of high-end laptops, they generally integrate high-quality graphics cards in images. Therefore, it is an important component to take into account.
If your laptop does not have a graphics card that convinces you, it can always be replaced.
What Is Your Platform? (Mac, Windows, etc.)
The laptop platform is the base system by which the team works. That is to say, they are all those programs that are in charge of the processes of the basic functioning of a computer.
Each platform has its own structure and programs that run the respective laptop processes. Therefore, what most interests users is the compatibility of the operating system with other programs.
In the case of graphic design, file compatibility is what matters most. Also, it includes the compatibility of the system with the design programs, and how easily it would be executed .
The platform used is indifferent, since they can all work to design. However, it depends a lot on the user’s preferences to choose one or the other.
Macs are devices characterized by their easy access to the different files that the computer may have. A very wide compatibility, and almost no virus.
On the other hand, the Windows platform , are winners in terms of customization. Its components can be adapted, which considerably increases the life of the equipment.
Similarly, it has good file compatibility, depending on the programs used.
The storage of a laptop is that component that allows you to store files, data, programs, and others.
It is an important aspect at a general level in a laptop, because many times, information is stored that requires a large amount of space.
For graphic designers, it will be very normal to need programs that require a large amount of storage. This means that to find the ideal laptop to design, you need a computer with a large storage.
Laptops that are generally used for graphic design usually include a large amount of memory. However, this can be expanded to suit the user’s taste and preference.
There are laptops that do not include enough memory to store files and programs. In these cases, it will be necessary to expand the storage. This could be somewhat costly in some cases. It is advisable to select a laptop that already includes high storage space. Generally, laptops with a large amount of memory have 512 GB of storage. Looking for options below 256GB of storage on your computer is not recommended.
Screen resolution consists of the number of pixels that make up an image. It is, in short, responsible for the quality of the images we see on the computer screen.
This is usually an important aspect to look for in graphic design equipment. This is due to the importance of viewing different shades of colors. It is undoubtedly an aspect that helps a lot during the design process.
Nowadays, many notebooks are already including a good enough screen resolution to achieve a quality image display effect. Both for graphic design teams and lower-end laptops.
Therefore, it is not a component to worry too much about, as long as you are comfortable with the visual quality.
If You Are Going To Use Apps For 3D Graphic Design
Here we mention some apps for 3D graphic design that will surely help you in your design projects:
- Lumion: Software dedicated to 3D design and customization with materials.
- 3DMax: It is a program to animate and graph objects or structural designs.
- Autocad: Design program that allows 3D modeling and second-dimensional drawing.
They are software dedicated to professionals and students of architecture and graphic design. Discover in this article the best laptops for students.
With these apps, you can make any design in 3D, which you will be able to customize and modify at will. Additionally, these programs include tools that will allow you to make various designs of different methods.
3D or 2D animations, design and structure, use colors and materials. All these options can be found in the applications mentioned at this point.
If You Are Going To Use Adobe Creative And Final Cut
The Adobe Creative suite and Apple-developed software Final Cut are other great design programs.
Final Cut is the quintessential animation and design software from the Apple brand. That is, you will find this program on Macs.
Adobe Creative , a little more recognized, is a set of programs focused on the design and editing of images.
If you want to use these programs, it is necessary that you take into account the minimum requirements and if they require a subscription.
If you are looking for a computer to specifically use these programs, check the requirements for the desired software. Then, you will know what you need to buy your laptop. The better its components, the much more fluid it will be.
Do not forget that graphic design and careers associated with design are somewhat expensive. Therefore, if you plan to purchase a laptop to design, you should always keep in mind that the components must be high-end.
Which Is Better, A Laptop Or A Desktop Computer?
There are big differences between laptops and desktop computers. While each may offer similar features, for certain cases one is preferable over the other.
In general, laptops are more practical , they are in one piece, and it is completely possible to move them. This superficially explains why laptops tend to be more expensive than a desktop computer as a whole.
For graphic design , laptops are possibly the best option if you require constant scrolling. In these cases, you also need to choose a laptop that can support the apps you need to work. This is undoubtedly somewhat expensive.
On the other hand, the tabletop ones are not so simple , since their components are generally divided. This makes a desktop PC not portable , unless all its parts are moved.
They may not be very practical, but they are perfect for acquiring a lot of potential. You sacrifice practicality for the ability to power up your desktop PC. It is especially easy thanks to the accessibility to change components of the same . Also, they are not too expensive.
With these main characteristics, you may be able to determine which one suits you best. To be sure, below, we will mention the differences between a laptop and a desktop computer.
The laptops for graphic design usually practice and simplified version of Desktop Computer tables. Although they certainly have limited characteristics compared to their older brother, it does not mean that they are bad.
Next, the main characteristics of laptops will be shown.
- Easy transportation and practicality.
- It can be used without the need to be connected to the electrical network.
- The power of computers is high performance, but not at the level of a desktop computer.
- The specifications of the computers are
- The screen is usually wide, although not that much.
It should be noted that laptops can reach a huge level of power and memory. If it is true that these characteristics have their limits, since they must work in a very small team. All this, in order to obtain a small, portable and high-performance computer.
Portable laptops are the perfect answer for designers who tend to work in different places . They are also comfortable and many meet the touch screen function to draw on them. This all depends on the model of the computer.
These computers for graphic design are fixed and flexible versions to suit the user. The components of these can be replaced by others without limitations. Without a doubt, it is the perfect option if what you are looking for is a huge potential in the team.
Next, the main characteristics of desktop computers will be shown.
- It is a fixed equipment, it is not transportable.
- It needs to be connected to a socket in order to work.
- The powers of these have always been above laptops. Furthermore, these can be further improved.
- The specifications are usually quite high.
- Screens(monitors) are generally larger.